Look into the art of baking through the special recipes of Baraka’s restaurateur and bread expert, David Seboek. At this time, in the highlight: our sweet and airy black sesame brioche, a real, light classic from the oven with a unique fine dining twist. Wishing you a joyful & feel-good baking time!
BLACK SESAME BRIOCHE
• 1kg white flour
• 180g sugar
• 30g sea salt
• Peel of 1 orange and 1 lime
• 4 eggs
• 50g fresh yeast
• 3dl warm milk
• 200g soft butter
• 1t black sesame paste
• Black sesame for sprinkling
1. Mix milk with yeast and 1t sugar. Allow to get foamy.
2. Mix flour with sugar, salt, orange and lime peels
3. Add milk-yeast mixture, black sesame paste and eggs to flour mix. Knead until dough stops sticking. Add some water if dough is too dry.
4. Add soft butter to the dough and knead until incorporated. Let rise in oiled bowl big enough to let dough double. Cover with towel or plastic wrap. Let rise.
5. Divide dough into 30g pieces. Make small balls, place on tray with baking paper, let rise till double.
Preheat oven to 190 degrees.
6. Beat an egg for an egg wash. Brush the dough balls evenly with a light layer of egg wash. Sprinkle black sesame seeds on the dough.
7. Bake for 12 minutes.